Furniture CareThese simple instructions will help you keep this piece of furniture in good condition and will allow it to age beautifully.
- Special finishes are used to make this furniture safe for your baby. These finishes are more delicate than finishes used in adult furniture and require careful maintenance.
- Don't expose furniture to strong sunlight or extreme changes in temperature or moisture it may damage or fade color.
- Arrange your furniture so it is not placed in front of or over heating or air conditioning vents.
- Be careful not to place plastic materials (place mats, lamp bases, notebooks, etc.) on your furniture. Certain plastics have ingredients that may react with and damage the finish.
- When using a vinyl Changing Pad with your furniture, use a protective cloth under the changing pad to protect from scratching and damaging the finish. The changing pad belts can also scratch the finish if placed under the pad.
- We recommend using a Teething Guard on your crib to protect the finish and your child from chewing on the rail. There are many styles of teething guards available from other manufacturers that fit our cribs.
- Use Caution when using a vaporizer. Moisture is harmful to the finish.The vapor stream should always be aimed away from any furniture item.
- Beware of urine spills on furniture as this may cause discoloration.
- Use a felt mat (not plastic) to protect furniture.
- Lift objects from the top surface rather than dragging them across the finish when moving them.
- Use a protective pad when using your furniture as a writing surface (especially when using a ballpoint pen).
- Wipe up spills promptly.Water left over a prolonged period of time will cause white spots in the finish, and alcohol, perfume, after-shave and medicines can cause severe damage to the finish.
- Avoid placing mobile devices, accessories, or any item that clamps on to the furniture/crib as they can cause scratching and other forms of damage to the finish of the crib/furniture.
Dust frequently with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth. To remove accumulated dust or old furniture wax build-up, use a soft, lint-free cloth which has been dampened in a solution of mild detergent and warm water. Dry thoroughly using a clean, lint-free cloth and then apply furniture polish, wiping it in the direction of the wood grain. We recommend polishes that do NOT contain silicone or wax. Most furniture retailers, home improvement chains, home specialty stores, and some supermarkets offer these products.
We recommend that furniture be polished every six months.
Baby Caché Furniture is not responsible for replacing any parts if these proper care instructions are not followed.